Support to the San Giovanni Battista Hospital
- Support to Projects by the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (Mother project)
- Support to 250 Families of the Centre Nando Peretti Roma Sud (formerly Laurentino 38) Housing Estate of Rome
- Assistance to Needy Families in the Garbatella Neighborhood of Rome
- Construction Works for a Girls Secondary Boarding School
- Supporting a Leprosy and Rehabilitation Centre
- Supporting the Pilgrimages to Lourdes Sanctuary of 24 Sick Children Treated at the Bambino Gesù Hospital
- Support to the House for Children
- Purchase of a Computer With a Specialized Software for the “August Mozer Centre” for Children Suffering of Nervous System Disturbances in Varna, Bulgaria
- Assisting the Needy Families of the Roman Suburb San Basilio
- Purchase of Equipment, Expansion of Services and Support for Shipping Expenses for a Mission Eye Clinic in Remote Sierra Leone, West Africa
- Two Minibuses for Needy People in Bulgaria
- Support the Pilgrimages to Lourdes Sanctuary of 10 Sick Children Treated at the Bambin Gesù Hospital, and/or Assisted by the “Centri di Assistenza” of the Delegation of Rome
- The Aikido Special Program: a course for "at risk" and disadvantaged children
- Sicily Canal as the Gateway to Europe: First Medical Aid to Refugees in the Mediterranean
- Basic Healthcare Services and Social Activities for Older People in Amman, Jordan
- Renovation of the ACISMOM Day Care Centre for Homeless People in Rome, Italy
Project location: ITALY, Rome
Project start date: September 2004 - Project end date: This project covers various years
Project number: 2004-22
The Hospital of S.Giovanni Battista is dedicated, through the work of the Association of the Italian Knights of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, to Neurorehabilitation.
The hospital is specialized in neurorehabilitation for mobility, especially for patients who had strokes and post-trauma, with a total of 240 beds and a day-hospital which receives about 1,700 patients a year.
The hospital is placed in Rome, in the ancient area of Magliana, at the border of the modern Parco de Medici, that hosts prestigious Italian and foreign companies.
A few minutes away from the Leonardo da Vinci airoport and well connected to the town, the structure is spread on a surface of 75.000sqm. between the highway to the Fiumicino Airport and the railway. Its three buildings cover an area of 5.700sqm:
- the Castello della Magliana (with administrative and representative offices)
- the Hospital
- the Padiglione Baduel (with ambulatories and offices)
Historically the ancient Villa Papale della Magliana, has seen various phases.
Fallen in the 19th century in a state of decay, in 1957 the Italian authorities donated it to the Association of the Knights of Malta, and it was restored and used for hospitalisation purposes through the work of the Order of Malta. A new aisle has been added in 1972.