Lighting of the Altarpiece by Guido Reni in the SS. Trinità dei Pellegrini Church
- Supporting the Church of SS.Trinità dei Pellegrini, Rome (Mother project)
- Restoration of the Icon of Our Lady in the Church of SS. Trinita dei Pellegrini
- Support for Celebrations and Holy Rosary in Traditional Latin in the Church of SS. Trinity of the Pilgrims
- Support to the Chorus Sonos Ensemble of the Parish of SS. Trinity of the Pilgrims
- Restoration of the Parish Hall, Ss. Trinita’ Dei Pellegrini, Rome
- A Year’s Support for Renaissance Music at the Parish of Santissima Trinita Dei Pellegrini, Rome
Project location: ITALY, Rome
Project start date: January 2009 - Project end date: December 2009
Project number: 2008-34
Beneficiary: Parrocchia Personale della SS. Trinità dei Pellegrini
The church of Trinità dei Pellegrini, by the will of Pope Benedict XVI, is now the Parish for the traditional rite of the Diocese of Rome, an extraordinary event that has functioned as a sort of bridge between the past centuries' great liturgical and artistic tradition of the Trinity and the present days.
The parish priest Fr Joseph Kramer, following the lead of Pope Benedict XVI has pursued a vertical, high concept of the liturgy, expression and inspiration of Western civilization, and its spiritual concept of beauty.
The worship and liturgy inspired and created the most extraordinary, most splendid works of civilization: no royal palace has never surpassed the beauty and magnificence of churches consecrated to God, and this is evident also in the splendid liturgical furnishings preserved in the Trinity: now that the church is assigned to traditional worship, they were again pulled out of the cupboards and closets and are used and exposed, and can exist in the context for which they were created.
It is a global view of worship and liturgy, deeply interwoven with the artistic civilization of the West and with the artistic concept of beauty as an expression of the Divine, a concept hitherto mortified over the past decades.
It is for this vision that the Organization wishes to start a campaign for restoration of the splendid, even if neglected, liturgical and artistic heritage of the Trinity, which needs not be seen in a museum approach, but in a continuous, living offer.
This project funded by the Nando Peretti Foundation will provide new lighting for the altarpiece by Guido Reni.
One of the most famous works of Reni, and one of the most famous paintings in Rome, the great altarpiece of the Trinity was painted by Guido Reni in 1625 in Bologna, without knowing the architectural space where it was to be located and especially lighting, very poor: the Malvasia in the Lives of painters of Bologna (1678), says that the large painting was finished in less than a month and did not take into account " the large viewing distance and darkness of the church"
So already at the time of placing of the altarpiece lighting problems had been evident;
The new lighting would solve the centuries-old problem in a brilliant way.
The project aims at achieving the following:
Purchase and insertion of 8 white light spotlights to provide complete lighting, including:
- lamp-holder and lamp, 100w GY 6,35 tension 12V
- transformer 220/12V for dimming with potentiometer.
- 360° rotating framework
- projection element composed of rail with condenser lens, lens and projection lamp
- calibration potentiometer, cabling, scaffolding and whatever is needed to complete the work in the best manner.