Support to 250 Families of the Centre Nando Peretti Roma Sud (formerly Laurentino 38) Housing Estate of Rome
- Support to Projects by the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (Mother project)
- Support to the San Giovanni Battista Hospital
- Assistance to Needy Families in the Garbatella Neighborhood of Rome
- Construction Works for a Girls Secondary Boarding School
- Supporting a Leprosy and Rehabilitation Centre
- Supporting the Pilgrimages to Lourdes Sanctuary of 24 Sick Children Treated at the Bambino Gesù Hospital
- Purchase of a Computer With a Specialized Software for the “August Mozer Centre” for Children Suffering of Nervous System Disturbances in Varna, Bulgaria
- Assisting the Needy Families of the Roman Suburb San Basilio
- Support to the House for Children
- Purchase of Equipment, Expansion of Services and Support for Shipping Expenses for a Mission Eye Clinic in Remote Sierra Leone, West Africa
- Two Minibuses for Needy People in Bulgaria
- Support the Pilgrimages to Lourdes Sanctuary of 10 Sick Children Treated at the Bambin Gesù Hospital, and/or Assisted by the “Centri di Assistenza” of the Delegation of Rome
- The Aikido Special Program: a course for "at risk" and disadvantaged children
- Sicily Canal as the Gateway to Europe: First Medical Aid to Refugees in the Mediterranean
Project location: ITALY, Rome
Project start date: June 2003 - Project end date: This project covers various years
Project number: 2003-34
From the year 2006, the beneficiary of this project is AVCISMOM (Associazione di Volontariato dei Cavalieri Italiani del Sovrano Militare Ordine di Malta)
2007/2008 Final Report
The families who lived on decks 9, 10 and 11, which were evacuated and demolished by the municipality in 2006, were transferred in part at the residence "Orsa Maggiore" which is on the via Casilina outside the GRA, and in part in other suburban districts. Many families, however, still require the monthly help of the center because they have not yet integrated in their new territories.
The volunteers of AVCISMOM have organized a Burraco tournament to find new funds and to inform people on the project of the center. The tournament was a great success both for the money found, and for the number of people interested in the project.
In October 2007 the Theatre Laboratory started at St Mauro Abate, in the wake of the success of the previous year. This year's workshop was divided into three working groups according to age: adults, youth and children.
Young people and children have prepared the shows that were represented in the theater of the parish. Adults have prepared a show called "Esther, saved by beauty", with written and directed by Chiara Maione. More than 60 boys worked on the show. The show was first shown at Easter at the Parish Theatre, and then at the Teatro dei Satiri on March 31, 2008, kindly provided by Carmela Grifeo, at the presence of the Grand Prior of Rome of the Order of Malta Fra' Filippo Ferretti of Castelferretto .
The distribution of clothing continued every 15 days. Volunteers can now count on an extensive network of acquaintances who give the parish their used clothing. This year the delegation of the Order of Malta has given to volunteers 1000 pairs of new shoes, which were distributed to all the needy.
A stock of clothing for children was also purchased, including all kinds of garments, from a store that has closed its business. The clothes were given away to the needy the during the usual distribution of Easter.
Furthermore an agreement was made with the Association Villa Flaminia, which distributes hot meals to the homeless five times a week. The Association is financed by selling the contents of suitcases lost at Fiumicino Airport and not claimed. The Agreement provides that the clothing that remain unsold are donated to the Centre Nando Peretti Laurentino 38, which distributes them to its clients.
All that remained from the various distributions of Laurentino 38 was donated to the Community S. Egidio, to be distributed to the homeless in the neighborhood.