The Nando Peretti School for Children: Construction of a School and an Hostel for Children
- Support to the People and Culture of Tibet (Mother project)
- Support to the Gaden Jangtse Tibetan Medical Institute
- Tuberculosis Prevention and Community Health-Dental Care in Gaden Jangtse Medical Buddha Clinic
- Urgent Surgical Procedure for The Tibetan Monk Tamding Tsering
- Adoption of Tibetan Monks in the Gaden Jangtse Monastery
- A Program to Promote and Preserve Tibetan Cultural Awareness for Tibetan Refugees
- Purchase of a Solar Water Heating System for the Gaden Jangtse Monastery
- Supporting the Three Years “Oceans Of Knowledge” Project for the Protection and Promotion of Tibetan Culture
- Support For Tibetan Monks Of Gaden Jangste Monastery Resident In Italy
- Library Furniture and Equipment at the Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Education in Bangalore - India
Project location: CHINA, Litang
Project start date: October 2003 - Project end date: October 2005
Project number: 2003-45
Beneficiary: Rabten Ghe Pel Ling - Centro studi Tibetani
The Rabten Ghe Pel Ling Centre for Tibetan Studies, based in Milan (Italy ) is a no-profit organization and all its activities are based upon the voluntary help of its members. It is under the guidance of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, 1989 Nobel Peace Prize. Its main activities aim at promoting the study and practice of Buddha's teaching through the transformation of the mind.
The province of Litang is an area in the Sichuan Province (China) of nearly 36.000 square kilometres, with a population mainly composed by nomads and farmers. The only one school of the entire area collapsed in 2003, depriving the children of Litang of the possibility to receive even the primary education, and seriously threatening their original culture. It was therefore urgent to help the Litang people to rebuild the school. Moreover, being many people nomads, and due to the high number of orphans it was also essential to build an hostel, in order to provide lodge to the young students that, on the contrary, would not have the concrete possibility to attend the courses.
The Nando Peretti Foundation strongly believes in the necessity to guarantee the universally recognized Right to Education, particularly for those people whose cultural identity is seriously threatened, as in the case of Tibetans. For this reason, NPF enthusiastically supported this project.