COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of 2000 Hot Meals to Needy and Homeless People in Rome (Italy)
- The Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation response to the CoViD-19 emergency (Mother project)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Implementation of Anti-COVID-19 Measures to Give Support to the Homeless Population and/or Socially Excluded People in Informal Settlements in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to Third Sector Organizations in Agrigento and Trapani, Sicily
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to the Palliative Care Team of the Breede River Hospice in the Western Cape, South Africa
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Improving the Hygienic-Sanitary Conditions of the Selam Palace Community in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to School Children and People in Need in Sicily (Siracusa, Noto, Modica Pozzallo, Scicli, Pachino)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to 80 families living in situations of serious social and economic hardship; support to two social cooperatives in Naples, Campania
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food, Emergency Vouchers, Hygiene Kits and Awareness on Hygiene Rules to Prevent the Spread of Covid-19 and Improve Living Conditions of the most Vulnerable Households in Kabul, Afghanistan
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Grant to Fondazione Albero della Vita for Distribution of Food, Protective Materials and Basic Commodities among Communities in Hingalganj, West Bengal, India
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Personal Hygiene and Sanitary Products to Elderly People and People with Disabilities and Rebibbia and Regina Coeli Detainees in Rome, Italy
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to “Fondazione Prelz Onlus” for the supply of food and the Provision of Medical-Veterinary Care for the Animals Hosted in the Kennel in Campagnano Romano, Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - "No House is Far Away" initiative: Psychological and Educational Support to Students from the Ragazzi Don Bosco Village and Food Assistance for Families in Need (Rome, Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Primary Necessities to Children Living in the Informal Roma Camps of Tor Bella Monaca District and the Slums of Castel Romano, Tor Cervara and Salone in Rome.
- COID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting the Virgin Niña-EPDB Center in Favour of the Most Needy Families in the Community Of El Alto, Bolivia
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Containing the Social and Sanitary Impact of Covid 19 among the Weakest Roma Communities
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting RE-Wild Liguria ODV 's Activities to Restore Wilderness in Ligurian Apennine, and Monitor and Protect the Feral Horses Population in Aveto Regional Park (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Hay, Food Supply and Veterinary Care for Horses at Risk of Starvation
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Promoting Horses' Welfare during the Emergency: Food and Support for Three Stables in Need in Padua, Rome and Urbino (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting ACEEGi "All For Horses" campaign to ensure welfare of riding school horses and adequate supplies of fodder and feed (Girona, Spain)
Project location: ITALY, Rome
Project start date: April 2020 - Project end date: May 2020
Project number: 2020-008
Beneficiary: Ordine Di Malta -. Italia - Delegazione Di Roma
In the main Italian cities, over fifty thousand homeless have been registered in 2019.
With the Coronavirus pandemic, a social and health emergency has arisen, while many structures dedicated to them closed or are operating in reduced ranks due to the absence of volunteers. This umpteenth criticality falls on Municipalities and Regions, but the secular or religious associations supporting people in need - Italian or migrant who they are - have not stopped and have found ways to guarantee assistance by respecting the anti-contagion measures.
The Order of Malta Delegazione di Roma set up a task force with Circolo San Pietro with the aim of supporting homeless people and people in need in Rome during the pandemic crisis. The Circolo San Pietro in Rome was founded in 1869. The club started a charity activity in the Rome's diocese, and for more than 140 years, the Club has acted in many fields of both material and spiritual poverty and destitution, following the changing needs of the population in history. Among the existing ones the Economic kitchens, the Nocturnal Shelters and the Residential Homes, are more than a century old.
Through the running of two food kitchens located in Via della Lungaretta and Via Adige in Rome, hot meals are distributed to poor people every day outside the two food kitchens, following the anti contagious security rules. Everyday 15 volunteers help with the meals distribution in front of each food kitchen. The volunteers are provided with masks and gloves.
Each meal consists in:
- a plate of pasta or rice
- a plate of meat or fish
- a plate of cooked vegetables
- a pack of bread
- a package of Parmesan
- a piece of fruit
- a dessert
In response to the covid 19 emergency and to alleviate the state of suffering of needy and homeless people in the city of Rome, the Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation has award a grant to the Ordine di Malta Delegazione di Roma covering the costs of 2.000 hot meals.