COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to School Children and People in Need in Sicily (Siracusa, Noto, Modica Pozzallo, Scicli, Pachino)
- The Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation response to the CoViD-19 emergency (Mother project)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Implementation of Anti-COVID-19 Measures to Give Support to the Homeless Population and/or Socially Excluded People in Informal Settlements in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to Third Sector Organizations in Agrigento and Trapani, Sicily
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of 2000 Hot Meals to Needy and Homeless People in Rome (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to the Palliative Care Team of the Breede River Hospice in the Western Cape, South Africa
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Improving the Hygienic-Sanitary Conditions of the Selam Palace Community in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to 80 families living in situations of serious social and economic hardship; support to two social cooperatives in Naples, Campania
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food, Emergency Vouchers, Hygiene Kits and Awareness on Hygiene Rules to Prevent the Spread of Covid-19 and Improve Living Conditions of the most Vulnerable Households in Kabul, Afghanistan
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Grant to Fondazione Albero della Vita for Distribution of Food, Protective Materials and Basic Commodities among Communities in Hingalganj, West Bengal, India
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Personal Hygiene and Sanitary Products to Elderly People and People with Disabilities and Rebibbia and Regina Coeli Detainees in Rome, Italy
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to “Fondazione Prelz Onlus” for the supply of food and the Provision of Medical-Veterinary Care for the Animals Hosted in the Kennel in Campagnano Romano, Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - "No House is Far Away" initiative: Psychological and Educational Support to Students from the Ragazzi Don Bosco Village and Food Assistance for Families in Need (Rome, Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Primary Necessities to Children Living in the Informal Roma Camps of Tor Bella Monaca District and the Slums of Castel Romano, Tor Cervara and Salone in Rome.
- COID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting the Virgin Niña-EPDB Center in Favour of the Most Needy Families in the Community Of El Alto, Bolivia
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Containing the Social and Sanitary Impact of Covid 19 among the Weakest Roma Communities
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting RE-Wild Liguria ODV 's Activities to Restore Wilderness in Ligurian Apennine, and Monitor and Protect the Feral Horses Population in Aveto Regional Park (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Hay, Food Supply and Veterinary Care for Horses at Risk of Starvation
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Promoting Horses' Welfare during the Emergency: Food and Support for Three Stables in Need in Padua, Rome and Urbino (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting ACEEGi \'\'All For Horses\'\' campaign to ensure welfare of riding school horses and adequate supplies of fodder and feed (Girona, Spain)
Project location: ITALY, Sicily
Project start date: April 2020 - Project end date: July 2020
Project number: 2020-005
Beneficiary: Fondazione Di Comunità Val Di Noto
The Community Foundation of Val di Noto (Sicily) was officially established in 2014. It sustains the development and strenghtening of a supportive and integrated community in the Sicilian territory, and in particular in the municipalities of the Val di Noto. Concerned with education, welfare, social cohesion and employment, the Foundation pays particular attention to young people and the most marginalized groups: homeless, prisoners and their families. Based in Syracuse, it acts to favours the exchange of resources, knowledge, opportunities, and to catalyze resources and fundraise in favour of specific projects. Funds are raised from citizens, profit and non-profit organizations and are invested in local social project.
In response to the covid 19 emergency, with the aim of mitigatinf the health, economic and social effects of the pandemic on the fragile context of South Italy, the Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation has awarded a grant to the Community Foundation of Val di Noto in Sicily for the following goals:
- supply of 34 kits (tablet + phone card + earphones) and 100 phone top-ups to support 134 children and their families to study
The Val di Noto Foundation is helping some local schools (including the "S. Lucia" Institute, primary and secondary schools in Syracuse - the Vittorini Institute in Scicli and the study center "Piano Gesù" in Modica) in initiatives to combat educational poverty and in favor of school support and educational activities. The children need IT support to participate in video lessons with their teachers and the mediation of operators for a one-to-one relationship.
- supply of 68 KITS (tablet + phone card + earphones) to support 68 children and their families
For the children of the Educational Centers located between the outskirts of the cities (two in Syracuse, two in Modica, one in Noto) and the small semi-rural centers of the Val di Noto (Frigintini, Scicli jungi and Valverde, Pachino, Pozzallo) take care of the social and cultural frailties of children and adolescents.
- supply of 15 kits (tablet + phone card + earphones) to support 15 children and teenagers living in community and family homes
The supplies will go to school-age children of Casa Don Puglisi, which welcomes 12 mothers with children for a total of about 15 children followed daily by a network of operators and volunteers; to the children of Casa dell'Arca, a housing community for minors (Modica) which for 20 years has been, for the whole province, a shelter and psycho-physical care center for minors who come from social and family contexts of hardship and disadvantage.
- Supply of:
- 220 shopping vouchers of € 30 each;
- 120 pharmacy vouchers of € 30 each;
- 60 gas cylinder vouchers of € 30 each;
- 100 contributions for the payment of bills of € 40 each to help 500 families in this period of extreme difficulty.
The needy families will be reached through the Padre Massimiliano Kolbe association, which has been taking care, since 2016, of the less well-off in the Municipality of Syracuse, with special attention to the peripheries and degraded neighborhoods of Mazzarona and via Italia 103 (the "Vele di Scampia " in Syracuse in the Akradina district). For the distribution of basic necessities, in the smaller centers, the network of help centers will be activated which consists of more than 40 help and listening centers (including parishes and associations) which are distributed in 8 cities in the Val di Noto. In this period of limitations relating to the COVID-19 emergency, more than 5000 people ask for help from the various centers and who need help of all kind.