Two Minibuses for Needy People in Bulgaria
- Support to Projects by the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (Mother project)
- Support to the San Giovanni Battista Hospital
- Support to 250 Families of the Centre Nando Peretti Roma Sud (formerly Laurentino 38) Housing Estate of Rome
- Assistance to Needy Families in the Garbatella Neighborhood of Rome
- Construction Works for a Girls Secondary Boarding School
- Supporting a Leprosy and Rehabilitation Centre
- Supporting the Pilgrimages to Lourdes Sanctuary of 24 Sick Children Treated at the Bambino Gesù Hospital
- Support to the House for Children
- Purchase of a Computer With a Specialized Software for the “August Mozer Centre” for Children Suffering of Nervous System Disturbances in Varna, Bulgaria
- Assisting the Needy Families of the Roman Suburb San Basilio
- Purchase of Equipment, Expansion of Services and Support for Shipping Expenses for a Mission Eye Clinic in Remote Sierra Leone, West Africa
- Support the Pilgrimages to Lourdes Sanctuary of 10 Sick Children Treated at the Bambin Gesù Hospital, and/or Assisted by the “Centri di Assistenza” of the Delegation of Rome
- The Aikido Special Program: a course for "at risk" and disadvantaged children
- Sicily Canal as the Gateway to Europe: First Medical Aid to Refugees in the Mediterranean
Project location: BULGARIA, Cherven briag
Project start date: December 2012 - Project end date: January 2013
Project number: 2012-095
Beneficiary: Embassy of the Sovereign Order of Malta in Bulgaria
The project goal is to supply two minibuses with 9 seats for the transport of people in haemodialysis treatment in the municipality of Cherven briag, and for the transport of elderly people in North-Western and Northern Central regions of Bulgaria served by catholic religious congregations.
The poorest regions in Bulgaria - the North-Western and the Northern Central ones - continue to lag behind the rest of the country. According to the National Statistics Institute in year 2011, the North-Western Region only 59.3% of the people from the age of 20 to the age of 64 is employed.
The National Health system provides the haemodialysis treatment but not the transportation of patients who are spread in small villages and the municipalities in the region has not founds to provide the transportation.
After an accurate selection of the numerous requests addressed to the Embassy of the Order of Malta, in the present application the embassy is looking forward to answer an insistent call of the Municipality of Cherven Briag, located in Northern Central part of Bulgaria, for a Minibus for the transportation of people in haemodialysis treatment. Another minibus is requested by a Religious Catholic Congregation offering different social and humanitarian services in the same region, especially for elderly people.
Two minibuses are in the project to be purchased from the local second-hand car market, to be offer to the Municipality and the Religious Congregation working in Cherven Briag area, in previous accordance with the Embassy:
- Ford Transit 2.0TDI (Year of production: September 2002; Engine: Diesel; Transmission: Manual; Category: Travel; Seats: 9; Mileage: 167,000 km).
- Fiat Ducato 2.8TD (Year of production: September 2001; Engine: Diesel; Transmission: Manual; Category: Travel; Seats: 9; Mileage: 180,000 km; Colour: White).
The Nando Peretti Foundation awarded a grant for this project.
The minibuses will help the needy and sick people of the local communities in the Northern Region of Bulgaria, securing them appropriate healthcare.