Support to the San Giovanni Battista Hospital
- Support to Projects by the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (Mother project)
- Support to 250 Families of the Centre Nando Peretti Roma Sud (formerly Laurentino 38) Housing Estate of Rome
- Assistance to Needy Families in the Garbatella Neighborhood of Rome
- Construction Works for a Girls Secondary Boarding School
- Supporting a Leprosy and Rehabilitation Centre
- Supporting the Pilgrimages to Lourdes Sanctuary of 24 Sick Children Treated at the Bambino Gesù Hospital
- Support to the House for Children
- Purchase of a Computer With a Specialized Software for the “August Mozer Centre” for Children Suffering of Nervous System Disturbances in Varna, Bulgaria
- Assisting the Needy Families of the Roman Suburb San Basilio
- Purchase of Equipment, Expansion of Services and Support for Shipping Expenses for a Mission Eye Clinic in Remote Sierra Leone, West Africa
- Two Minibuses for Needy People in Bulgaria
- Support the Pilgrimages to Lourdes Sanctuary of 10 Sick Children Treated at the Bambin Gesù Hospital, and/or Assisted by the “Centri di Assistenza” of the Delegation of Rome
- The Aikido Special Program: a course for "at risk" and disadvantaged children
- Sicily Canal as the Gateway to Europe: First Medical Aid to Refugees in the Mediterranean
- Basic Healthcare Services and Social Activities for Older People in Amman, Jordan
- Renovation of the ACISMOM Day Care Centre for Homeless People in Rome, Italy
Project location: ITALY, Rome
Project start date: September 2004 - Project end date: This project covers various years
Project number: 2004-22
The polyfunctional tensioned structure of the "San Giovanni Battista" is a modern tent donated by the Nando Peretti Foundation to the hospital in June 2004 to carry out religious functions, cultural activities and entertainment for patients.
Due to the high degree of soil moisture below and to the wear from users, the original floor has been ruined up to affect the smooth running of activities.
This project, which recieved a grant from the Nando Peretti Foundation aims to completely renovate the structure and the finish of the floor to make it more durable and resistant to the soil moisture and to the considerable temperature range between summer and winter which it is subjected to.
In order to address the problem of the soil moisture and the temperature range it was decided to totally replace the carpeted floor and original wooden structure with a new more resistant mesh (600 x 600 mm) made by zinc-coated tubular (100 x 40 x 2 mm).
A new floor made by deal boards (4.000 x 135 x 3.5 mm) for outdoor will lay above this mesh.
Before installing the new structure, the ground will coompacted in order to reconstitute its flatness by a layer of sand above which will be placed panels of expanded polyurethane (40 mm) to prevent the ingress of moisture from the soil.
The renovation of the floor will directly benefit the patients of the Hospital, that could follow the foreseen activities in the structure safely (cineforum, church services).