Co-Sponsorship Project For A Warehouse to Help the Needy
- Support to the "Sempre Insieme per la Pace" Solidarity Network (Mother project)
- Humanitarian Aid for Earthquake Victims in El Salvador
- Humanitarian Aid for Iraq
- The Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation Special Meritorius Patron of “Sempre Insieme Per La Pace” Solidarity Network
- Humanitarian Mission in Favour of Children from Beslan
- Donation of a Minibus for the Children of Yladikavkaz Hospital
- Humanitarian Mission for the Children of Sri Lanka
- Emergency Support To 200 Women And Children, Refugees Of The Jemps Tribe
Project location: ITALY, Rome
Project start date: June 2002 - Project end date: June 2005
Project number: 2002-06
Beneficiary: Sempre Insieme per la Pace
The "Sempre Insieme per la Pace" Association administered a warehouse, located in Via Tiburno, in Rome, where huge supplies of foodstuff, medicines and clothing were stocked and made available, on a daily basis, to needy people through more than 200 religious and secular associations. All the material was first sent to GIA, a governmental office subject to the direct authority of the Ministry of Agriculture (the control was so guaranteed ab initio), then by this forwarded to the warehouse.
For many charity organisations in Rome the warehouse was a crucial reference point. Yet, at the beginning of 2002, it was in danger of being shut down, as the Association could no longer afford the high costs of its maintenance. The NPF decided, therefore, to co-sponsor this project, supporting the cost of renting the warehouse. The co-sponsorship for the warehouse started in the month of June 2002 and lasted until June 2005.