COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Containing the Social and Sanitary Impact of Covid 19 among the Weakest Roma Communities
- The Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation Response to the CoViD-19 Emergency (Mother project)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Implementation of Anti-COVID-19 Measures to Give Support to the Homeless Population and/or Socially Excluded People in Informal Settlements in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to Third Sector Organizations in Agrigento and Trapani, Sicily
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to School Children and People in Need in Sicily (Siracusa, Noto, Modica Pozzallo, Scicli, Pachino)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to 80 families living in situations of serious social and economic hardship; support to two social cooperatives in Naples, Campania
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to the Palliative Care Team of the Breede River Hospice in the Western Cape, South Africa
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of 2000 Hot Meals to Needy and Homeless People in Rome (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Improving the Hygienic-Sanitary Conditions of the Selam Palace Community in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Primary Necessities to Children Living in the Informal Roma Camps of Tor Bella Monaca District and the Slums of Castel Romano, Tor Cervara and Salone in Rome.
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food, Emergency Vouchers, Hygiene Kits and Awareness on Hygiene Rules to Prevent the Spread of Covid-19 and Improve Living Conditions of the most Vulnerable Households in Kabul, Afghanistan
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to “Fondazione Prelz Onlus” for the supply of food and the Provision of Medical-Veterinary Care for the Animals Hosted in the Kennel in Campagnano Romano, Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Personal Hygiene and Sanitary Products to Elderly People and People with Disabilities and Rebibbia and Regina Coeli Detainees in Rome, Italy
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food, Protection Materials and Basic Commodities among Communities in Hingalganj, West Bengal, India
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - "No House is Far Away" initiative: Psychological and Educational Support to Students from the Ragazzi Don Bosco Village and Food Assistance for Families in Need (Rome, Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Promoting Horses' Welfare during the Emergency: Food and Support for Three Stables in Need in Padua, Rome and Urbino (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting RE-Wild Liguria ODV 's Activities to Restore Wilderness in Ligurian Apennine, and Monitor and Protect the Feral Horses Population in Aveto Regional Park (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Hay, Food Supply and Veterinary Care for Horses at Risk of Starvation
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting the Virgin Niña-EPDB Center in Favour of the Most Needy Families in the Community of El Alto, Bolivia
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting ACEEGi "All For Horses" campaign to ensure welfare of riding school horses and adequate supplies of fodder and feed (Girona, Spain)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to the Compassion and Care Centre in Rome Dedicated to the Teachings of Dharma and the Preservation of Tibetan Culture
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting Preparedness and Response Actions against COVID19 Outbreak in South Sudan
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY – Supporting an Emergency Plan in the Chin State in Myanmar
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting an Emergency Plan in the Wakiso District, Uganda
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting Activities for Epidemiological Surveillance and Contact Tracing in Enna, Catania and Palermo in Sicily, Italy
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to People with Disabilities in Internally Displaced People Camps in South Sudan
- COIVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting an Emergency Plan in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to a Preparedness and Response Plan in Northern Uganda
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to United Nations High Commissioner For Refugees (UNHCR) in Niger
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to "SolidAvis": Blood Donation as a Form of Solidarity and Integration during the Pandemic
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to a Project for Teachers: "Innovative Neurorganizing Methodology to Train Organizational Skills in Response to Changes in Educational Institutions"
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support for Summer Camps at Parco Natura Viva
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting a Pilot Project Dedicated to the Creation of a Ligurian Ecosystem after the Pandemic and on the Occasion of the Decade Of Sea Sciences For Sustainable Development
Project location: SPAIN, Catalonia
Project start date: April 2020 - Project end date: June 2020
Project number: 2020-016
Beneficiary: Fundació Privada Pere Closa Per A La Formació I Promoció Dels Gitanos A Catalunya
Over the past 20 years, the Fundació Privada Pere Closa has promoted dozens of projects in the field of education and awareness-raising in 20 municipalities of Catalonia, achieving significant results towards the educational inclusion of Roma children and youngsters. Thanks to its efforts almost 10.000 students have succeed in primary and secondary education, then continuing in vocational training or university studies. This has allowed them to succesfully enter the labour market and become full citizens without renouncing to the essential elements of their Roma culture.
In 2015 the Fundació Privada Pere Closa was awarded a first grant from the Peretti Foundations to develop the project “Cuentos Romane” - “Romane Tales” in Rome (Italy) and since 2019 is implementing the three-year project “Roma identity in dialogue”in several municipalities of Catalonia (Spain), thanks to the renewed support of the Peretti Foundations.
The current covid 19 pandemic is heavily affecting the Roma population. Poor nutrition makes them more vulnerable to coronavirus. Their financial subsistence, depending on self-employed, occasional jobs, is highly at risk due to the current health crisis, since they are no longer able to work and support their families. Only the importance of family bonds and solidarity within Roma communities slightly mitigates the impact of the pandemic.
Those who are currently most at risk are 140 needy families (about 700 people) from 10 municipalities in Catalonia. On the basis of a field study and telephone consultations, the Fundació Privada Pere Closa has verified their food and communication needs; boys and girls have also difficulties in attending online lessons, due to the lack of technological tools.
In response to the current pandemic, the Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation has awarded a grant to Fundació Privada Pere Closa, in support to its emergency plan aimed at containing the socio-sanitary impact of Covid 19 among the weakest Roma communities of Catalonia who, due to their fragile sanitary conditions, are at extreme risk of suffering its immediate consequences.
The intervention includes different areas of action:
1. Food assistance: distribution of basic food packages (spinach, lentils, milk with omega 3 and oranges);
2. Health: distribution of basic hygiene kits (soap, bleach and toilet paper), masks, disinfectants and gloves; online socio-sanitary education sessions for the prevention of COVID 19; online psychological support to resist confinement;
3. Education/Communication: temporary loan of 70 laptops or tablets to allow kids access to online lessons; online school support classes; online psychological support for school reinforcement during confinement;
4. Financial support: allocation of individual financial contributions to the unemployed and those who are unable to work due to the pandemic, as well as to the recipients of minimum income or pension who can document their needy situation (SOC, Treasury, Social Services). The amount for each beneficiary will be defined based on the number of members of his family unit.