COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to Third Sector Organizations in Agrigento and Trapani, Sicily
- The Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation response to the CoViD-19 emergency (Mother project)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Implementation of Anti-COVID-19 Measures to Give Support to the Homeless Population and/or Socially Excluded People in Informal Settlements in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of 2000 Hot Meals to Needy and Homeless People in Rome (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to the Palliative Care Team of the Breede River Hospice in the Western Cape, South Africa
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Improving the Hygienic-Sanitary Conditions of the Selam Palace Community in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to School Children and People in Need in Sicily (Siracusa, Noto, Modica Pozzallo, Scicli, Pachino)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to 80 families living in situations of serious social and economic hardship; support to two social cooperatives in Naples, Campania
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food, Emergency Vouchers, Hygiene Kits and Awareness on Hygiene Rules to Prevent the Spread of Covid-19 and Improve Living Conditions of the most Vulnerable Households in Kabul, Afghanistan
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Grant to Fondazione Albero della Vita for Distribution of Food, Protective Materials and Basic Commodities among Communities in Hingalganj, West Bengal, India
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Personal Hygiene and Sanitary Products to Elderly People and People with Disabilities and Rebibbia and Regina Coeli Detainees in Rome, Italy
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to “Fondazione Prelz Onlus” for the supply of food and the Provision of Medical-Veterinary Care for the Animals Hosted in the Kennel in Campagnano Romano, Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - "No House is Far Away" initiative: Psychological and Educational Support to Students from the Ragazzi Don Bosco Village and Food Assistance for Families in Need (Rome, Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Primary Necessities to Children Living in the Informal Roma Camps of Tor Bella Monaca District and the Slums of Castel Romano, Tor Cervara and Salone in Rome.
- COID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting the Virgin Niña-EPDB Center in Favour of the Most Needy Families in the Community Of El Alto, Bolivia
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Containing the Social and Sanitary Impact of Covid 19 among the Weakest Roma Communities
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting RE-Wild Liguria ODV 's Activities to Restore Wilderness in Ligurian Apennine, and Monitor and Protect the Feral Horses Population in Aveto Regional Park (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Hay, Food Supply and Veterinary Care for Horses at Risk of Starvation
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Promoting Horses' Welfare during the Emergency: Food and Support for Three Stables in Need in Padua, Rome and Urbino (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting ACEEGi \'\'All For Horses\'\' campaign to ensure welfare of riding school horses and adequate supplies of fodder and feed (Girona, Spain)
Project location: ITALY, Sicily
Project start date: June 2020 - Project end date: November 2021
Project number: 2020-004
Beneficiary: Fondazione Comunitaria di Agrigento e Trapani
Located in one of the most stunning but most deprived areas of Europe, the territory of Agrigento and Trapani, Fondazione Comunitaria di Agrigento e Trapani has been established as an answer to the problematic situation of young people in the territory. To start tackling the startling NEETs situation and the lack of social capital in the area, a group, made up of 20 young people, was set to identify the long-term priorities and lines of actions for the territory. Today, Fondazione Comunitaria di Agrigento e Trapani is building its identity as a strategic partner and as a resource catalyst for the local organizations that have innovative and vital projects but are not equipped to attract and secure the necessary financial and human resources. Its lines of action are mainly three: promotion of community welfare in education and people care, support of socially responsible businesses led by young people, and enhancement of the cultural and natural heritage of the areas in which it operates.
In response to the COVID-19 emergency, the Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation has awarded a grant to the Community Foundation of Agrigento and Trapani in order to provide urgent support to local third sector organizations active in the areas of social agriculture, catering, beekeeping, training, education of minors, food pantries, assistance to the disabled, through the following activities:
The Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation has awarded a grant for urgent support to third sector organizations that refer to different economic and social sectors (social agriculture, catering, beekeeping, training, education of minors, food pantries, assistance to the disabled), through the following activities:
a) creation of GAF (Family Purchasing Groups)
Through an online website, groups of families will shop together by accessing a basket of products from the short food supply chains or from the large-scale retail trade (the choice of suppliers is made according to certain ethical criteria, which do not exclude this channel) and will donate, through their purchases, a percentage to a Solidarity Fund for poor and people in need.
b) Ethical and supportive e-commerce (internet commerce)
An ethical solidarity e-commerce will be created on the same platform as the GAF, which will promote the purchase of products / services from third sector organizations or from youth and ethical businesses in the area. A section will also be dedicated to proximity services for fragile people created by associations and organizations at local level: for example users will be able to "buy" a lunch from a food pantry for the homeless
These activities, in addition to helping the local community, will be able to employ young people and the workers of social cooperatives who have had to stop their activities because of the quarantine.