COVID 19 EMERGENCY - "No House is Far Away" initiative: Psychological and Educational Support to Students from the Ragazzi Don Bosco Village and Food Assistance for Families in Need (Rome, Italy)
- The Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation Response to the CoViD-19 Emergency (Mother project)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Implementation of Anti-COVID-19 Measures to Give Support to the Homeless Population and/or Socially Excluded People in Informal Settlements in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to Third Sector Organizations in Agrigento and Trapani, Sicily
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to School Children and People in Need in Sicily (Siracusa, Noto, Modica Pozzallo, Scicli, Pachino)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to 80 families living in situations of serious social and economic hardship; support to two social cooperatives in Naples, Campania
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to the Palliative Care Team of the Breede River Hospice in the Western Cape, South Africa
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of 2000 Hot Meals to Needy and Homeless People in Rome (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Improving the Hygienic-Sanitary Conditions of the Selam Palace Community in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Primary Necessities to Children Living in the Informal Roma Camps of Tor Bella Monaca District and the Slums of Castel Romano, Tor Cervara and Salone in Rome.
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food, Emergency Vouchers, Hygiene Kits and Awareness on Hygiene Rules to Prevent the Spread of Covid-19 and Improve Living Conditions of the most Vulnerable Households in Kabul, Afghanistan
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to “Fondazione Prelz Onlus” for the supply of food and the Provision of Medical-Veterinary Care for the Animals Hosted in the Kennel in Campagnano Romano, Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Personal Hygiene and Sanitary Products to Elderly People and People with Disabilities and Rebibbia and Regina Coeli Detainees in Rome, Italy
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food, Protection Materials and Basic Commodities among Communities in Hingalganj, West Bengal, India
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Containing the Social and Sanitary Impact of Covid 19 among the Weakest Roma Communities
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Promoting Horses' Welfare during the Emergency: Food and Support for Three Stables in Need in Padua, Rome and Urbino (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting RE-Wild Liguria ODV 's Activities to Restore Wilderness in Ligurian Apennine, and Monitor and Protect the Feral Horses Population in Aveto Regional Park (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Hay, Food Supply and Veterinary Care for Horses at Risk of Starvation
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting the Virgin Niña-EPDB Center in Favour of the Most Needy Families in the Community of El Alto, Bolivia
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting ACEEGi "All For Horses" campaign to ensure welfare of riding school horses and adequate supplies of fodder and feed (Girona, Spain)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to the Compassion and Care Centre in Rome Dedicated to the Teachings of Dharma and the Preservation of Tibetan Culture
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting Preparedness and Response Actions against COVID19 Outbreak in South Sudan
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY – Supporting an Emergency Plan in the Chin State in Myanmar
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting an Emergency Plan in the Wakiso District, Uganda
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting Activities for Epidemiological Surveillance and Contact Tracing in Enna, Catania and Palermo in Sicily, Italy
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to People with Disabilities in Internally Displaced People Camps in South Sudan
- COIVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting an Emergency Plan in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to a Preparedness and Response Plan in Northern Uganda
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to United Nations High Commissioner For Refugees (UNHCR) in Niger
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to "SolidAvis": Blood Donation as a Form of Solidarity and Integration during the Pandemic
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to a Project for Teachers: "Innovative Neurorganizing Methodology to Train Organizational Skills in Response to Changes in Educational Institutions"
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support for Summer Camps at Parco Natura Viva
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting a Pilot Project Dedicated to the Creation of a Ligurian Ecosystem after the Pandemic and on the Occasion of the Decade Of Sea Sciences For Sustainable Development
Project location: ITALY, Rome
Project start date: May 2020 - Project end date: July 2020
Project number: 2020-015
Beneficiary: Associazione Rimettere Le Ali Onlus
Borgo Ragazzi Don Bosco was born in the post-war period to respond to a concrete emergency: to welcome hundreds of orphaned children, victims of the Second World War. Since 1948 the Borgo Ragazzi Don Bosco has become a home, school, and a laboratory for thousands of young people at risk, and it has been carrying out an educational service for over 70 years in favor of some of the youngest needy abitants of the city of Rome. Located on the outskirts of Rome, this educational institution is close to minors and young people and especially to those who face severe social exclusion and marginalisation. Working in cooperation with the Association "Rimettere le Ali", Borgo Ragazzi Don Bosco is divided into three complementary areas:
• Marginalization and Discomfort Area, which follows 150 young people aged between 14 and 20 every year, through personalized projects and various services such as:
- The Minor Reception Center, where different training workshops are held;
- The Skolè project to contrast early school leaving and offer literacy courses for foreigners who need to learn Italian;
- A foster home service welcoming Italian and foreign children reported by the local social services;
- The movement of foster and supportive families that promotes the culture of hospitality and solidarity for families who want to welcome and host a child in need;
- SosAscoltoGiovani, a psycho-pedagogical support service for young people and families in need;
- The semi-residential community, providing daytime reception of young people at risk of leaving their family of origin.
• The Oratory, where over 100 children every day spend their free time. Here, in a safe environment the Salesian youth sports club works for young people with the help of educators who provide their services completely free of charge.
• The Vocational Training Center, which offers three-year professional training courses and professional qualification certificates for children aged 14 to 18.
Borgo Ragazzi Don Bosco has always looked after young people and families facing situations of social exclusion. The Covid-19 emergency has made this part of the population even more vulnerable, and has required the implementation of extraordinary measures.
In responding to the socio-economic impact of the COVID-19 crisis, Rimettere le Ali Onlus and Borgo Ragazzi Don Bosco have developed the "No House Is Far Away" initiative that aims at supporting young people and families in difficulty, reaching them virtually during this critical time, in order to provide them with educational and psychological continuous support. Through videos and tele-support, psychologists will continue to assist people and families who are forced at home because of the coronavirus emergency; educators and trainers will support children from the Don Bosco's Reception Center through easy-to-access communication platforms, initiating structured e -learning processes. The overall objective of this initiative is to provide all Borgo Don Bosco's beneficiaries with educational continuity and to be able to immidiately respond to anyone who might ask for help.
This project received a grant from the Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation to carry out the following extraordinary activities in response to the covid-19 crisis:
• Support for lonely young people and poor families and personalized assistance on the application and delivery of food shopping vouchers to families in need. The Ragazzi Don Bosco Village has made its own administrative staff available for printing and filling out the food voucher forms for people most in need and two operators supported by volunteers are currently available for the collection, purchase and distribution of food. About 300 assistance interventions and about 50 children and families who need basic food are expected.
• Support for third grade students - implementation of the Skolè service aimed at all students who are struggling with the conceptual map and / or the final paper required for the validation of the school year. Over 60 students will be supported.
• Helpline "Telefono Amico S.O.S. Famiglie" - activation of a 24-hour helpline for vulnerable and distressed families who require psychological and / or educational support due to the climate of uncertainty and the forced quarantine to which we are all subjected. An average of 5 calls per day are expected during the departure phase.