COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to “Fondazione Prelz Onlus” for the supply of food and the Provision of Medical-Veterinary Care for the Animals Hosted in the Kennel in Campagnano Romano, Rome
- The Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation Response to the CoViD-19 Emergency (Mother project)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Implementation of Anti-COVID-19 Measures to Give Support to the Homeless Population and/or Socially Excluded People in Informal Settlements in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to Third Sector Organizations in Agrigento and Trapani, Sicily
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to School Children and People in Need in Sicily (Siracusa, Noto, Modica Pozzallo, Scicli, Pachino)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to 80 families living in situations of serious social and economic hardship; support to two social cooperatives in Naples, Campania
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to the Palliative Care Team of the Breede River Hospice in the Western Cape, South Africa
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of 2000 Hot Meals to Needy and Homeless People in Rome (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Improving the Hygienic-Sanitary Conditions of the Selam Palace Community in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Primary Necessities to Children Living in the Informal Roma Camps of Tor Bella Monaca District and the Slums of Castel Romano, Tor Cervara and Salone in Rome.
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food, Emergency Vouchers, Hygiene Kits and Awareness on Hygiene Rules to Prevent the Spread of Covid-19 and Improve Living Conditions of the most Vulnerable Households in Kabul, Afghanistan
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Personal Hygiene and Sanitary Products to Elderly People and People with Disabilities and Rebibbia and Regina Coeli Detainees in Rome, Italy
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food, Protection Materials and Basic Commodities among Communities in Hingalganj, West Bengal, India
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - "No House is Far Away" initiative: Psychological and Educational Support to Students from the Ragazzi Don Bosco Village and Food Assistance for Families in Need (Rome, Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Containing the Social and Sanitary Impact of Covid 19 among the Weakest Roma Communities
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Promoting Horses' Welfare during the Emergency: Food and Support for Three Stables in Need in Padua, Rome and Urbino (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting RE-Wild Liguria ODV 's Activities to Restore Wilderness in Ligurian Apennine, and Monitor and Protect the Feral Horses Population in Aveto Regional Park (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Hay, Food Supply and Veterinary Care for Horses at Risk of Starvation
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting the Virgin Niña-EPDB Center in Favour of the Most Needy Families in the Community of El Alto, Bolivia
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting ACEEGi "All For Horses" campaign to ensure welfare of riding school horses and adequate supplies of fodder and feed (Girona, Spain)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to the Compassion and Care Centre in Rome Dedicated to the Teachings of Dharma and the Preservation of Tibetan Culture
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting Preparedness and Response Actions against COVID19 Outbreak in South Sudan
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY – Supporting an Emergency Plan in the Chin State in Myanmar
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting an Emergency Plan in the Wakiso District, Uganda
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting Activities for Epidemiological Surveillance and Contact Tracing in Enna, Catania and Palermo in Sicily, Italy
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to People with Disabilities in Internally Displaced People Camps in South Sudan
- COIVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting an Emergency Plan in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to a Preparedness and Response Plan in Northern Uganda
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to United Nations High Commissioner For Refugees (UNHCR) in Niger
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to "SolidAvis": Blood Donation as a Form of Solidarity and Integration during the Pandemic
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to a Project for Teachers: "Innovative Neurorganizing Methodology to Train Organizational Skills in Response to Changes in Educational Institutions"
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support for Summer Camps at Parco Natura Viva
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting a Pilot Project Dedicated to the Creation of a Ligurian Ecosystem after the Pandemic and on the Occasion of the Decade Of Sea Sciences For Sustainable Development
Project location: ITALY, Campagnano Romano
Project start date: April 2020 - Project end date: May 2020
Project number: 2020-012
Beneficiary: Fondazione Prelz Onlus
The objective of the Prelz Foundation is to collaborate not only with animal welfare associations, but also with municipalities and local health authorities in order to sterilize as many stray animals as possible, using the mobile operating room if necessary. The ultimate goal is to defeat the stray-dogs issue, which has now become a real social scourge, and to transmit to future generations a code of conduct that restores the correct coexistence between humans and animals.
The Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation - Italy has awarded a grant to the Prelz Foundation for an ongoing project for the custody and care of the dogs of the former Tolfa kennel.
Following the pandemic, with the interruption of paid pensions for dogs, the Foundation is in serious economic difficulty. Three people from their staff are now under the government's redundancy fund (a kennel worker, a nurse, a dog educator).
The primary need for food, water, safe living conditions and daily therapies for the 92 dogs and 30 stray cats guests of the kennel is still guaranteed daily, with great difficulties.
In addition to a drastic reduction in revenue, during this pandemic the number of abandoned cats and dogs has increased. The Prelz Foundation welcomes them, then after cleaning and de-worming them, it sterilizes the females (covering all the costs) in order to stop the possibility of breeding.
Of course, during this period of quarantine it is not possible to relocate the animals for adoption. There are also people, mostly older people, who have financial difficulties and turn to the Prelz Foundation for the care and help of their animals.
To cope with this emergency and to guarantee food and care for the animals hosted in the kennel, the Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation has awarded a grant , that will cover for a 30-day period:
• Purchase of normal and specific food for sick animals or those in need of particular dietary regimes
• Medicines, surgical material for the veterinary clinic + reagents for the analysis for the animals housed in the kennel
• One day of free sterilization for stray cats and dogs