COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food, Emergency Vouchers, Hygiene Kits and Awareness on Hygiene Rules to Prevent the Spread of Covid-19 and Improve Living Conditions of the most Vulnerable Households in Kabul, Afghanistan
- The Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation Response to the CoViD-19 Emergency (Mother project)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Implementation of Anti-COVID-19 Measures to Give Support to the Homeless Population and/or Socially Excluded People in Informal Settlements in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to Third Sector Organizations in Agrigento and Trapani, Sicily
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to School Children and People in Need in Sicily (Siracusa, Noto, Modica Pozzallo, Scicli, Pachino)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to 80 families living in situations of serious social and economic hardship; support to two social cooperatives in Naples, Campania
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to the Palliative Care Team of the Breede River Hospice in the Western Cape, South Africa
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of 2000 Hot Meals to Needy and Homeless People in Rome (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Improving the Hygienic-Sanitary Conditions of the Selam Palace Community in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Primary Necessities to Children Living in the Informal Roma Camps of Tor Bella Monaca District and the Slums of Castel Romano, Tor Cervara and Salone in Rome.
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to “Fondazione Prelz Onlus” for the supply of food and the Provision of Medical-Veterinary Care for the Animals Hosted in the Kennel in Campagnano Romano, Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Personal Hygiene and Sanitary Products to Elderly People and People with Disabilities and Rebibbia and Regina Coeli Detainees in Rome, Italy
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food, Protection Materials and Basic Commodities among Communities in Hingalganj, West Bengal, India
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - "No House is Far Away" initiative: Psychological and Educational Support to Students from the Ragazzi Don Bosco Village and Food Assistance for Families in Need (Rome, Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Containing the Social and Sanitary Impact of Covid 19 among the Weakest Roma Communities
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Promoting Horses' Welfare during the Emergency: Food and Support for Three Stables in Need in Padua, Rome and Urbino (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting RE-Wild Liguria ODV 's Activities to Restore Wilderness in Ligurian Apennine, and Monitor and Protect the Feral Horses Population in Aveto Regional Park (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Hay, Food Supply and Veterinary Care for Horses at Risk of Starvation
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting the Virgin Niña-EPDB Center in Favour of the Most Needy Families in the Community of El Alto, Bolivia
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting ACEEGi "All For Horses" campaign to ensure welfare of riding school horses and adequate supplies of fodder and feed (Girona, Spain)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to the Compassion and Care Centre in Rome Dedicated to the Teachings of Dharma and the Preservation of Tibetan Culture
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting Preparedness and Response Actions against COVID19 Outbreak in South Sudan
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY – Supporting an Emergency Plan in the Chin State in Myanmar
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting an Emergency Plan in the Wakiso District, Uganda
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting Activities for Epidemiological Surveillance and Contact Tracing in Enna, Catania and Palermo in Sicily, Italy
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to People with Disabilities in Internally Displaced People Camps in South Sudan
- COIVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting an Emergency Plan in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to a Preparedness and Response Plan in Northern Uganda
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to United Nations High Commissioner For Refugees (UNHCR) in Niger
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to "SolidAvis": Blood Donation as a Form of Solidarity and Integration during the Pandemic
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to a Project for Teachers: "Innovative Neurorganizing Methodology to Train Organizational Skills in Response to Changes in Educational Institutions"
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support for Summer Camps at Parco Natura Viva
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting a Pilot Project Dedicated to the Creation of a Ligurian Ecosystem after the Pandemic and on the Occasion of the Decade Of Sea Sciences For Sustainable Development
Project location: AFGHANISTAN, Kabul
Project start date: May 2020 - Project end date: May 2020
Project number: 2020-011
Beneficiary: Associazione Nove Onlus
In Kabul, Nove Onlus has provided free literacy courses (12 months) to over 100 illiterate women, upon request of the Department of Women's Affairs (DoWA). Since 2014, also thanks to the NaEPF support, it is also running a Professional Training Centre that has offered up to now free of charge to over 2.000 vulnerable women training courses and a job/business advisory service. In April 2019, Nove Onlus has launched the ‘Pink Shuttle', the only female transportation service in Afghanistan (more detailed to be found below), that has been endorsed by the First Lady of Afghanistan. Nove Onlus is also engaged in sports activities with disabled women and men playing wheelchair basketball (in collaboration with the Afghan Basket Federation and International Committee of the Red Cross).
The COVID-19 emergency is expected to have a stronger negative impact on countries lacking a structured, well- functioning health system and social welfare.
In Kabul millions of people are confined into their home and hundreds of thousands of residents, whose livelihoods depend on their daily work, have no means to sustain themselves and their families. Those who rely on their daily income to feed their families - such as daily workers (plumbers, workmen, etc.) are facing a choice between food and health. For many, the restrictions imposed by the government mean starvation.
The current situation for disabled people is even worst, most people with disabilities are dependent on services that have been suspended and are not likely to have savings to purchase food and medicine (UN Special Rapporteur on the rights of persons with disabilities Catalina Devandas, 2020). It is therefore important to safeguard the provision of food, medicine, and other supplies for persons with disabilities during situations of isolation and quarantine.
The Government of Afghanistan has declared a humanitarian emergency requesting urgent humanitarian assistance to the international community. Nove Onlus has received several requests of support (such as the one from the Department of Women's Affairs - DoWA of Kabul) to secure essential food stock for an initial period of 6-12 weeks to cover food needs for vulnerable people during disruptions (lockdown).
Consequently, Nove Onlus has planned an emergency intervention for 315 vulnerable families, totalizing some 1.890 people.
The emergency activities foreseen by this project, which received a grant from the Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation, are:
1. To provide food to 190 Kabul families highly exposed to the risk of hunger and virus infection.
2. To provide emergency vouchers (cash) to 125 families of persons with disabilities highly exposed to the risk of hunger and virus infection.
3. To provide hygiene kits and awareness on the hygiene rules to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus to 315 families (190 + 125).