COIVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting an Emergency Plan in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- The Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation Response to the CoViD-19 Emergency (Mother project)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Implementation of Anti-COVID-19 Measures to Give Support to the Homeless Population and/or Socially Excluded People in Informal Settlements in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to Third Sector Organizations in Agrigento and Trapani, Sicily
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of 2000 Hot Meals to Needy and Homeless People in Rome (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to the Palliative Care Team of the Breede River Hospice in the Western Cape, South Africa
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Improving the Hygienic-Sanitary Conditions of the Selam Palace Community in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to School Children and People in Need in Sicily (Siracusa, Noto, Modica Pozzallo, Scicli, Pachino)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to 80 families living in situations of serious social and economic hardship; support to two social cooperatives in Naples, Campania
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food, Emergency Vouchers, Hygiene Kits and Awareness on Hygiene Rules to Prevent the Spread of Covid-19 and Improve Living Conditions of the most Vulnerable Households in Kabul, Afghanistan
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food, Protection Materials and Basic Commodities among Communities in Hingalganj, West Bengal, India
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Personal Hygiene and Sanitary Products to Elderly People and People with Disabilities and Rebibbia and Regina Coeli Detainees in Rome, Italy
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to “Fondazione Prelz Onlus” for the supply of food and the Provision of Medical-Veterinary Care for the Animals Hosted in the Kennel in Campagnano Romano, Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - "No House is Far Away" initiative: Psychological and Educational Support to Students from the Ragazzi Don Bosco Village and Food Assistance for Families in Need (Rome, Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Primary Necessities to Children Living in the Informal Roma Camps of Tor Bella Monaca District and the Slums of Castel Romano, Tor Cervara and Salone in Rome.
- COID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting the Virgin Niña-EPDB Center in Favour of the Most Needy Families in the Community Of El Alto, Bolivia
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Containing the Social and Sanitary Impact of Covid 19 among the Weakest Roma Communities
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting RE-Wild Liguria ODV 's Activities to Restore Wilderness in Ligurian Apennine, and Monitor and Protect the Feral Horses Population in Aveto Regional Park (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Hay, Food Supply and Veterinary Care for Horses at Risk of Starvation
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Promoting Horses' Welfare during the Emergency: Food and Support for Three Stables in Need in Padua, Rome and Urbino (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting ACEEGi "All For Horses" campaign to ensure welfare of riding school horses and adequate supplies of fodder and feed (Girona, Spain)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to the Compassion and Care Centre in Rome Dedicated to the Teachings of Dharma and the Preservation of Tibetan Culture
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting Preparedness and Response Actions against COVID19 Outbreak in South Sudan
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting an Emergency Plan in the Wakiso District, Uganda
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to a Preparedness and Response Plan in Northern Uganda
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY – Supporting an Emergency Plan in the Chin State in Myanmar
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting Activities for Epidemiological Surveillance and Contact Tracing in Enna, Catania and Palermo in Sicily, Italy
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to United Nations High Commissioner For Refugees (UNHCR) in Niger
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support for Summer Camps at Parco Natura Viva
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to a project for teachers: "Innovative Neurorganizing Methodology to Train Organizational Skills in Response to Changes in Educational Institutions"
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to People with Disabilities in Internally Displaced People Camps in South Sudan
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to "SolidAvis": Blood Donation as a Form of Solidarity and Integration during the Pandemic
Project location: ETHIOPIA, Addis Ababa
Project start date: July 2020 - Project end date: January 2021
Project number: 2020-030
Beneficiary: Fundación Promoción Social de la Cultura (FPSC)
Social Promotion Foundation is a private, non-profitable institution that has been working since 1987 to promote human, social and economic development in accordance with people’s dignity. It establishes its goals in accordance with the diversity of the different countries it works and acknowledging the priorities and proposals of local organizations, always placing the individual at the core of its activities.
The overall objective of this project, which received a grant from the Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation, is to contain and prevent the spread of the Covid-19 in Akaki-Kaliti District, Addis Ababa by strengthening Saint Gabriel Catholic Health Center’s capabilities.
The specific objectives are:
- To provide training St Gabriel C. Health Center on prevention, diagnosing and managing of identified cases of Covid-19;
- To provide equipment to the staff and to the vulnerable patients;
- To implement raise awareness initiatives about Covid-19 to all patients visiting the Health Center and to the population of the nearest area (more than 23,000 people);
To reach the above mentioned objectives, the following activities will be implemented:
1.1 Technical training sessions on the use of new equipment and Covid19 detection, management and prevention will be implemented and addressed to the clinical staff and to the health care workers (70 persons).
The training will be provided by external health personnel from the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia who have already received theoretical and practical training on the different guidelines established by WHO for pandemic management, infection prevention and control. The training will be implemented with a participatory approach and will include theoretical and practical guidelines. The training process will lead to the drafting of a protocol at SGCH to ensure consistency and efficiency over time.
1.2 Monitoring activity on proper and consistent use of PPE by the staff will be regularly implemented.
2. Purchase and distribution of supplies to contain the spread of Covid-19 pandemic to the health staff and to selected beneficiaries (VIH, Diabetic and hypertensive patients, labouring mothers):
surgical masks, N95 masks, protective gowns, Infr. thermometers, surgical gloves, clean gloves, liquid and solid soaps, 96% Alcohol, capes.
3.1 Carry on of at least 3 Raising Awareness Campaigns on Covid-19 during the project duration. The Healthcare workers will carry out visits to markets near thr Health Center and also door-to-door, explaining, informing and delivering information material in the local language. The aim is to reach the most marginalised and therefore at risk population group.
3.2 Carry on of health education sessions to all adult Health Center visitors (approximately 23,000) by health care workers who will conduct regular, daily session to teach preventive measures to avoid transmission and to detect symptoms.
The direct beneficiaries will be:
- Staff: 70 doctors, nurses, lab technicians, pharmacists, cleaner’s guards that are providing services to the patients at SGCHC;
- 2,000 highly vulnerable patients with chronic illness (VIH, Tuberculosis, Diabetic and hypertensive patients)
- 600 laboring mothers.
- A total of around 23,000 people belonging to the Health Center area will benefit of the awareness and education initiatives.
A project committee will be established and it will be in charge of coordination and monitoring. It will be composed of FPS Head of Mission in Ethiopia and representatives of the Health Center Board. The Committee will also regularly meet the Department of Public Health to coordinate the actions on the ground and to exchange best-practices and experience in the fight against the Virus.