COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting ACEEGi "All For Horses" campaign to ensure welfare of riding school horses and adequate supplies of fodder and feed (Girona, Spain)
- The Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation response to the CoViD-19 emergency (Mother project)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Implementation of Anti-COVID-19 Measures to Give Support to the Homeless Population and/or Socially Excluded People in Informal Settlements in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to Third Sector Organizations in Agrigento and Trapani, Sicily
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of 2000 Hot Meals to Needy and Homeless People in Rome (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to the Palliative Care Team of the Breede River Hospice in the Western Cape, South Africa
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Improving the Hygienic-Sanitary Conditions of the Selam Palace Community in Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to School Children and People in Need in Sicily (Siracusa, Noto, Modica Pozzallo, Scicli, Pachino)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to 80 families living in situations of serious social and economic hardship; support to two social cooperatives in Naples, Campania
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food, Emergency Vouchers, Hygiene Kits and Awareness on Hygiene Rules to Prevent the Spread of Covid-19 and Improve Living Conditions of the most Vulnerable Households in Kabul, Afghanistan
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Grant to Fondazione Albero della Vita for Distribution of Food, Protective Materials and Basic Commodities among Communities in Hingalganj, West Bengal, India
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Personal Hygiene and Sanitary Products to Elderly People and People with Disabilities and Rebibbia and Regina Coeli Detainees in Rome, Italy
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Support to “Fondazione Prelz Onlus” for the supply of food and the Provision of Medical-Veterinary Care for the Animals Hosted in the Kennel in Campagnano Romano, Rome
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - "No House is Far Away" initiative: Psychological and Educational Support to Students from the Ragazzi Don Bosco Village and Food Assistance for Families in Need (Rome, Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Distribution of Food and Primary Necessities to Children Living in the Informal Roma Camps of Tor Bella Monaca District and the Slums of Castel Romano, Tor Cervara and Salone in Rome.
- COID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting the Virgin Niña-EPDB Center in Favour of the Most Needy Families in the Community Of El Alto, Bolivia
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Containing the Social and Sanitary Impact of Covid 19 among the Weakest Roma Communities
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Supporting RE-Wild Liguria ODV 's Activities to Restore Wilderness in Ligurian Apennine, and Monitor and Protect the Feral Horses Population in Aveto Regional Park (Italy)
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Hay, Food Supply and Veterinary Care for Horses at Risk of Starvation
- COVID 19 EMERGENCY - Promoting Horses' Welfare during the Emergency: Food and Support for Three Stables in Need in Padua, Rome and Urbino (Italy)
Project location: SPAIN, Girona
Project start date: May 2020 - Project end date: June 2020
Project number: 2020-021
Beneficiary: Associació De Centres Esportius Eqüestres De Girona
Associació De Centres Esportius Eqüestres De Girona (ACEEGi) is a non-profit membership association encompassing 30 riding stables located in the area of Girona, Spain. For more than ten years, ACEEGi has been promoting horse riding through all disciplines and has also organized dressage, show jumping, TREC and driving competition leagues. The association also looks out for the member’s needs, giving them advice on legal and day-to-day issues and topics in relation with the sport federation.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many ACEEGi riding schools are suffering tough times: their income has been significantly reduced while expenses for caring horses and ponies have remained the same. Each of them needs a field or a stable, grain, fodder, a blacksmith, as well as a gentle and continuous workout to maintain horses' optimal physical condition and general health. The important decrease currently observed in the income of ACEEGi's riding schools is due to the fact that most of the horses and ponies are owned by the schools and not by students. Besides, schools get most of their earnings during Easter and summer riding courses, but Easter stages were cancelled, and the summer ones are not guaranteed.The date for reopening riding schools and be back to work as usual remains unknown. What is more, there is no evidence on how students and spontaneous riders will response to the situation once schools reopen.
Through the "All For Horses" project, ACEEGi is currently working on raising funds to ensure school horses and ponies’ welfare in these difficult times and make sure that all maintain their mental and physical health through an appropriate diet.
In response to the current pandemic, the Nando and Elsa Peretti Foundation has awarded a grant to ACEEGi, to help guarantee basic supplies for its members (fodder, i.e. hay, straw, and feed) and assure horses and ponies welfare. Each stable in need will receive funding according to the number of working school-owned horses and ponies held at its facility. This would help particularly small schools that live mostly by renting their horses/ponies to those who do not own a horse/pony. The NaEPF grant is intended to reduce economic struggling for those riding schools mainly dedicated to give riding lessons; to guarantee a healthier and safer quality of life to school horses and ponies; and to help local economy, assuring that the local feed and fodder providers will receive their payments.